There are so many thoughts that float around my brain, it’s
maddening much of the time. Trying to
focus on the positive, and as the old song says, eliminate the negative but it’s
so hard. Currently, I’m reading something that, while some of her
hairy-fairy-ness (which is saying something coming from me!) irritates me, when
I can get past that and she gets to the heart of her message, it really is
speaking to me- essentially, at this point, you have to refrain from slipping
back into your old bad habits or negativity and self-doubt. And they are very much old, bad habits. As bad as they are, they familiar and,
perhaps, serve a purpose? I don’t know. There’s so very much that I don’t know. And at 39, I feel as though I should but I
think that that’s the lie that our society sells, “You’ll just *know* when you’re
older.” (It's not an outright statement but it does seem to be implied and awful lot!) But I don’t and the more I talk
to other people my age, the more I realize that we are all struggling.
There
are things that I empirically understand.
I understand that jealousy is pointless, and I am a very jealous person. As is regret.
I realize that the decisions that I have made in my life were made for
reasons, some impulsively, some through thoughtful choice and consideration,
and that no matter how hard I wish I could go back and get “do-overs” on some
of them (okay, maybe MANY of them) that if the situation were the exact same
that I would probably do precisely what I did, that the choice would be the
choice, would be the choice, would *always* be the choice. I also understand that the path that I am
walking, the journey that I am taking in this life is my own, my own lessons
and accomplishments that I must do and so to compare myself to another human
being, who has his or her own path to walk and lessons to learn that are
different from my own, is pointless. It
serves no purpose. But it is an old,
destructive to habit to look and others and think, “I wish I had…” You may wish for it but you may not want to
have gone through the things that that person had gone through in order for
them to have whatever it is you desire. When
I get caught and mired in that cycle of negativity and “I wish I had...” and
jealousy, I try to stop and remember to be grateful for all that I do
have. I try to stop and remember that
there are a lot of blessing and things in my life that people all over the
world would be do happy have. And I try
to stop and remember that to some people I am that person that others look at
and think, “I wish I had what she has!” I really do try to be grateful for the
gifts that I have been given, for they are many, and really, despite my stupid
drama, I am doing just fine. I just need
to remember that. Despite my chaotic
thinkings, I am doing just fine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment